Day 358 - Love Locks in Paris

Day  358 - Love Locks in Paris
Paris is lovely. We started our day visiting the Louvre. I'm not surprised that we got lost in there a few times. The Louvre is huge. We saw the famous Mona Lisa and other artworks from Egypt, Greece, France, and Rome to name a few. I was surprised they allowed photography in the Louvre.

We also saw the Notre Dame and a few other landmarks. We did a bit of window shopping, ate crepes and pastries, had dinner and saw the Eiffel Tower. Tomorrow, we'll actually go inside that symbolic building.

We also went to Laduree, a luxury cakes and pastries brand based in Paris, France. It is known as the inventor of the double-decker macaron. They are still one of the best known makers of macarons in the world. I was told that this is one place in Paris I must visit. It was quite expensive (as everything seems to be here) but it was worth it.

The photo I have here is a photo of a bridge with love locks on it. According to Wikipedia, "Love Locks are a custom by which padlocks are affixed to a fence, gate, bridge or similar public fixture and most often affixed by sweethearts to symbolize their everlasting love" I thought they were neat.

On a somewhat crazy note. I ran into Wayne today! It's a small world after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment