Day 39 - Thirteen Grades of Imperial Treasure

Day 39 - Thirteen Grades of Imperial Treasure
I have come home to Windsor and our family played "Mahjong", a game that originated in China. It's a very fun game and I've played it since I was little. It involves some strategy, skill and a little luck. The hand that I took a photo of is called "The Thirteen Wonders", "Thirteen Grades of Imperial Treasure" and a few other names. It's a very very rare hand and it is considered the highest scoring hand in the game. I have only gotten this hand to "win" once, but it was a few years ago.

This is kind of our version of "family board game night". It can go for hours and we used to play about once a week. We're all very busy now though so it's more of a special occasion game now.

No comments:

Post a Comment